The South Australian film industry is making its way across the world, with six locally made and produced films making their international debuts.
Feature films likeTalk to Me, Run Rabbit Run, The Survival of Kindness, Monolith and Limbo, as well as the short film Marungka Tjalatjunu/Dipped in Black, have variously been selected for the official programs for three of the world’s biggest film festivals: Sundance Film Festival in Utah, the Berlinale in Germany, and South by Southwest in the US.
The five films and short films were supported by the South Australian Film Corporation, making their national debuts at the 2022 Adelaide Film Festival.
“The South Australian Film Corporation is so proud to have supported the production of these incredible films,” says SAFC CEO Kate Croser. “I congratulate all the creative teams behind these productions, and all the talented and highly skilled South Australian crew who worked on them, and look forward to their continued international success at these festivals and beyond.”
For more local film and TV news like this, subscribe to our newsletter.
- Sundance Film Festival (19-29 January – Utah, US)
- Talk to Me – International Premiere/ Midnight
- Run Rabbit Run – World Premiere / Midnight
- Berlinale – Berlin international Film Festival (16-26 February – Berlin, Germany)
- The Survival of Kindness – International Premiere / Main Competition
- Limbo – World Premiere / Main Competition
- Marungka Tjalatjunu/Dipped in Black – International Premiere / Berlinale Shorts
- Talk to Me – European Premiere / Berlinale Special
- South by Southwest – SXSW (10-19 March – Austin, US)
- Monolith – International Premiere / Midnighters
- Talk to Me / Midnighters