No. of vacancies:
1-2 days per week (7.5 to 15 hours per week)
Minimum 3 months
Channel 44 is seeking volunteer Programming Assistants, who can commit one or two days per week for a minimum of three months.
Programming Assistants help with day-to-day editing, scheduling and preparation of content for broadcast on Channel 44 and on-demand streaming on CTV+. These roles will suit technically minded people with strong communication and administrative skills, who would like to gain behind-the-scenes experience in TV and streaming operations.
C44 is Adelaide’s community broadcaster, bringing you local TV on Channel 44 across the Adelaide metro area and everywhere on our streaming platform CTV+. We’re a non-profit, purpose-driven team of staff and volunteers working to
- Facilitate the production of diverse local content for broadcast and streaming
- Assist similarly for-purpose organisations to engage communities through screen content, and
- Provide the skills and pathways that enable emerging and aspiring local creators to produce content and gain industry experience.
Programming Assistants work with staff to
- Liaise with external content contributors
- Review and ingest content submissions
- Schedule broadcast programming
- Research and solicit new content from external content creators
- Workshop conceptual programming ideas
- Create station promos and other broadcast assets
What you’ll need
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Basic video editing skills (Adobe Premiere Pro)