What happens when you give teams of filmmakers exactly 48 hours to make a movie? Just about anything!
During one wild, sleepless weekend in September, over forty teams participating in the 48-Hour Film Project wrote, shot, edited, and scored short films. At the Adelaide 48-Hour Film Project Awards Night on November 5, twelve nominated films will be screened at Palace Nova Eastend Cinema in a celebration of local talent and DIY creativity!
This year’s theme is Back to the 80’s, a mish-mash of 80’s glam and Back to the Future retro vibes and guest are invited to dress in theme. So dig out your shoulder pads, double that denim and tease that fringe!
The nominated teams and films are:
- Darley’s Angels: Positively Charged (Musical)
- ExtremeSleepDeprivation – I A.M. Danny (Comedy)
- Fangirls – Boogie Days (Period Piece)
- King’s Media – F.A.R.T.S (Fish Out of Water)
- Lofi Films – Remote Encounter (Superhero)
- MOSCO – Polarity (Mistaken Identity/Doppelganger & Dark Comedy)
- Neon Chips – Intolerance (Thriller/Suspense)
- Out, Am I? – Capital (Crime/Gangster & Family)
- Robot Fight! – Byron (Romance)
- Souper Troupers – Son of a Witch (Mockumentary)
- Team TEAM – Discount Christmas (Holiday Movie)
- The Cram Collective – Disco Milk (Fantasy & Road Movie)
Tickets are $30 and include admission to the after party. Get your tickets here.
Channel 44 is a proud sponsor of the Adelaide 48-Hour Film Project.
Photo by Johannes Blenke